History & Culture - Corballis House Dublin Airport

Located in Santry, near Dublin Airport, little of the Swiss Cottages remain due to 50 years of massive industrial development.

The Swiss Cottages were erected in 1702 and were unfortunately burnt to a shell in 1902. Santry Court was the home of the Barrys, the Barons of Santry. Morton Stadium and its car park are situated where the Barry mansion stood. The Protestant Church nearby dates to the Barrys and is still in use today.

Ten of the eleven Swiss Cottages are gone. Built on a model of the Swiss Style cottages built in Switzerland by Lady Domville. They were built for visiting gentry. The remaining Swiss Cottage is now incorporated in an office block which was completed in 1984.